THE jPod


Sunday, May 18

An Angel Returns to Heaven

Last week we said goodbye to the gentlest spirit in our family, my Great Grandmother. My first memories of grandma are from her beach house. Until I was about 9ish I though all great grandparents lived at the beach. Salty air and sandy toes bring me home to her.

Grabbing both my hands gently in hers, standing 3 inches shorter and with the softest voice I've ever heard she whispers "God bless your heart Jayme". That is what plays in my head over and over. Her unconditional love was a blessing to many. She was a mother to 4, a grandmother to 15, and great grandma to 50 plus (I've lost count), and a great great grandmother to 2. What a family she has made.

In all the photos below she happens to be pictured on the right in every shot. The top left she is pictured with her sister. They were always so cute together. The bottom left she is pictured with my grandpa, her son. They both were so close in spirit (kind and gentle); it is truly a blessing to be born unto their family. The right photo shows the beginning of her family. A young mother with husband holding their oldest, my grandfather. Last week that same young family reunited and is together again. I miss them all so very much, God truly blessed their hearts.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Jayme, I wanted to say that I am sorry for your loss. Take care.

Cher said...

How sweet is your dedication to your grandma? I love you tons and I would hug you if I could reach you:)

Jen said...

First of all, my heart goes out to you for the loss of your great grandmother. I am sure she is watching over you. Second-you don't know me, I just noticed you posted on my blog about digital scrapbooking. I also noticed that you are a photographer(which is awesome). I just wanted to drop you this website that offers kits you can purchase (really cheap) that are for commercial use. It is www.scrapartist.com They have fonts and kits for personal or commercial. I also love www.shabbyprincess.com Anyway, hopefully you enjoy these sites--they are my favorite. Good luck.