THE jPod


Saturday, August 23

WHAT HAVE I BEEN DOING?!

Well, no big events to talk about but here are some random bits…

“I live in my own world and everyone here likes me”

SPIRIT- When I worked at the bank we would have the news on all the time. So between the news and just working in the financing industry (with all it’s grim outlooks on rates and the economy) things took it’s toll. I started to think about my future a lot. I prayed about the church (LDS) and the comfort it has to offer in the community. Shortly there after the missionaries called and asked if they could come out and give lessons. Jeb and I were more then welcoming. In the short time from prayers and needing the gospel in my life, we have met SO many great people to call friends and have seen the blessings it has to offer. We still have yet to make it out to church in the 9 o’clock hour but our efforts are getting us closer.

FAMILY- Jeb comes home and the first thing he does is give all the animals love. Our kids. This photo tells it all… Houston, ESPN, and Cessna competing for Jeb’s attention.
The greater family is doing well too. My mother is working on starting her own blog. It has been fun going over to her house and teaching her how to use the computer and internet in a more in-depth manor then just checking emails (she is too cute). Faith has lost her first tooth and starts kindergarten next week! Ella can eat pancakes!

My niece Ella was born with many allergies like corn, wheat and dairy. She is tested every few months at her young age to see if she grows out of it. Last week she dropped wheat and dairy products off her list. She’s down to just corn (which is in so many things on its own). To celebrate Papa made root-beer pancakes. She ate 2.5 of them and Papa makes big pancakes.

FRIENDS- I’m blessed with friends that I could call family. I’m a girl that gives my whole heart to my friends. Friends are the family you choose and I take that to heart. I wish we could all just play and hang out all the time and never sleep!!!

JOB- I never knew happiness like this existed for a career. For those
of you who live under a rock and don’t know yet, I am a photographer and assistant editor for Wilhelmina MTG. They’re a modeling agency for the greater Portland metro area out in the Hollywood district. I don’t feel like it is work… more like playtime all day long.

My highlight so far has been with the baby (5yrs and under) photography. I shoot every other Monday and Friday. I was so excited about one of my first shots of this girl I had to share with my coworker (the kids agent) right away. She took one look at the name and photo then smiled. She told me that I saved her from getting cut. No joke. She had just gone through the baby division stat sheets and wrote drop on her file. She told me never has she seen her look so pretty. I couldn’t have asked for a better complement as her photographer. I’m still riding out this high from my new job and all the excitement it keeps bringing me.

2 comments:

Cher said...

I always want nothing but the best for my jay...and I'm so glad you are happy with what you are doing with your life...doing what you love most:) YOu guys have been truly blessed and so deserving of all the good that comes your way. We love you both and we are so proud of both of you because you have worked so hard and are doing SO well...we miss you SO much and we can't wait to see you again:):)

Anonymous said...

i love reading your blog...i will have to put one together some day. if you are working in the hollywood district then please let me know. i live up the hill! would love to you soon! -Nat