THE jPod


Friday, October 31

ROAD TRIP '08

Already two weeks ago (time flies!!!)... My parents and I took a road trip to Utah, to see our loved ones.

Sometimes when you go on vacation you feel less rested then when you left... but this trip was all about the R&R!!! I love going to Salt Lake and visiting with my family "The Wiscomb's" (plus my extended fam Cheryl, Jared, Kameron, Alex and Kelly) it was SO needed.

Every road trip needs photos taken from the car on the road...

Driver and shooter

My beautiful momma and her curlers

My set up in the back... portable office

If you've ever driven east on 84, you've seen these trees. I enjoy the rows and rows of them that span for at least one mile.

Dragging the shutter and capturing police and truck lights

More of driving at night

Drawing of the moon. There were two things that I realized on the road, I forgot how bright the moon light is and I need to bite into an apple more often.

We arrived in Utah Friday afternoon and went out to eat with family. Then I had to swing by Cher's work (I couldn't of driven that far and be so close and not go see her). Our visit was short and sweet but we got to spend the next couple of days together. Cher, Kelly and the boys picked me up and we headed out to the zoo. Then Kelly had this amazing idea of going to a haunted house!!! We had so much fun. We dropped off the kids with Cher's mom and pick up Jared for dinner and then spent the rest of the night running and screaming at the "Haunted Forrest and Mansion". It was well worth the monies!!!

Picks of babies from our zoo trip...

After spending another relaxing day with the Wrights I headed back to hang with my family... The Wiscomb's are a big bunch and I LOVE big families!!!

Photo of a photo... I have to give the photographer props. I'm also lucky to be able to say that "that" good looking bunch is apart of my family! My aunt Darlyne has this beautiful saying underneath the family pics, "All because two people fell in love". I don't ever want to forget that.

We had one more day left on our short little vacation and we made the most of it. We started out by having breakfast with Floyd and Patty Ray Astin (yes more family of mine that are not included in the photo above). We dined at a cute place called Little America. Then we decided to head up Millcreek Canyon. Mom was talking about how much she loves the fall colors in SLC, so we ventured to try and get a closer look. This was another highlight to my trip. Dad drove with the top down on the car and I sat up on the seat in the back... like I was in a parade. Good times!

A look down the canyon to the valley... bEautiful!!!

Thanks to Destyn... our tour guide and safety man :)

Later in the day we headed over to Aunt Darlyne's where the family was gathering for cousin Jane's 5oth. It was a perfect ending to our trip, getting the whole fam together again (well, as many as we could).

We were SO proud of Bryan. That weekend we were in town he won MVP for his football game. The team has a hammer that is passed around to those players that go above and beyond for their team. GO BRYAN!!!

Ice cream cup cakes, what a cute idea Darlyne :)

Cher, Jared, Kameron and Alex came over to join our family and see me one last time before I left SLC.

I love every single one of you and wish somehow we could all live closer!!!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm so glad to hear you had such a great time. I never did get to hear about the end of it the other day when we were talking on the phone. So I'm glad you shared on the blog. :) What a great family!

Patrick and Paige said...

Wow, Those Pictures are so fun and cute. I love the fall colors.

Cher said...

Jay I miss you!!!!! We had so much fun while you guys were here, it just made me want to tie you up and not let you leave:) I love you so much and I'm glad I got to see you and you cute parents and the rest of your family here again:) Its nice to be around such good people with so much love for each other:):) I love it! Love you much...next time we see ya will be around xmas!! TTYL!