THE jPod


Wednesday, October 1

SPACE BOY

The last 36 hours have been long for our family. ESPN had eye surgery yesterday and while he was under we were going to have his teeth cleaned too. Little did we know how bad his teeth were. They had to extract 4 teeth on top of the cleaning. More importantly he needed to have a cyst removed from his eye (we wont know the results for another 5 days or so). Buddy was out for quite a while and what a day he endured.

When I picked him up from the vet he was so limp and done with everything, plus he had one of those cone collars on.... and does he hate it (I wanted to cry, he was SO sad looking). That evening we gave him a break and let him be with out it, but he had to wear it at night. It's very important that he doesn't scratch at his eye. Jeb and I were up and down all night like ESPN was our little baby... any noise or movement woke us up. Tonight as I write this he is doing better (except for the nightmare he is having), but when we first put the space hat on him all he did was cry, whine and moan. He'd get himself all worked up he'd start to cough... just like a kid. I knew it was all dramatics cause the moment that I took it off he was fine, but Jeb comes running out from the other room all worried for his little man. He has his daddy wrapped around his little paw (Jeb is a very sensitive man when it comes to his animals).

When I got home from my shoot this afternoon he was on the couch. This is a good sign that he is jumping on the couch and moving again with his space hat on (not frozen in one spot anymore). Although he doesn't have a good feel for it yet, he kept trying to get as close as he could to me and ramming the hat into my leg several of times. We love him so much and it is going to be ONE long week for buddy... and us.

This was taken this morning after I gave him a bath. I'm sure he is like "enough people... enough". I only bathed him cause he got so stinky from the vet and his surgery, plus he kept drooling and snotting on himself after he'd get all worked up with his sneeze guard on. I think he feels better to be clean.


This is ESPN putting up with his collar. ESPN and the space suit are all cleaned up resting on the couch, where I'm sure they'll be for the next week.

All this excitement even makes his sister a little anxious. The only good thing to come from all this is his diet of soft dog food for the next two weeks. Houston even gets to ride on that train. Man do they love soft dog food. We love our babies lots and hope for the best when we get our results back from buddy's cyst.

Feel free to send any donations to the Anderson home, for the ESPN Kroy Wen Heupel Anderson Fund. ;)

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Poor ESPN!!! He looks so sad and cute. Those are true "puppy dog eyes" he's giving! :) Let me know what the results are when you get them.

I remember when Kira had to wear a cone and it was sad, but sometimes you (or, at least I) couldn't help but laugh sometimes at how that thing makes them so off beat, unbalanced, and just kind of funny looking. :) It is sad though. Poor guy.

Cher said...

OMG poor baby!! I know our dogs are like your kids! When rocky had to be put under to get his infected anal gland released...we were all sorts of bugged out and what was so sweet to watch is Kameron getting all worried because rocky was gone...as well as when he got back when he was high on meds whining and drooling everywhere. So...I getcha sista...let me know whats going on with your kids:) I love ya tons and I can't wait to see you THIS MONTH...the MONTH OF OCTOBER....MONTH 10!:):) hahaha