THE jPod


Tuesday, November 11

TRIP TO OSHKOSH

We're starting to see our hard work pay off. Three years ago December Jeb and I decided to sell our first home and move back in with the parents. We were “ok” where we were, but we both wanted more from our careers and life. Jeb started ALL over with school and I left the studio I was working for to pursue my own photography, images by jayme.

Just last year Jeb had been hired on at Yahoo! and we moved into an apartment in the Orenco area of Hillsboro. We have never felt more at home then living here.

This summer I started to see my devotion for my craft and hard work pay off. Landing a job with Wilhelmina MTG and 100% client loyalty return. I couldn’t be happier!!!

Now it is Jebediah’s turn!!! He has been working for Yahoo! as a contract worker and has been patiently waiting to get hired on full time.

This summer our world was about to be turned upside down when his manager asked how he felt about moving to Sunnyvale CA. At first thought I was like “no way” (the cost of living is ridiculous). They were looking to get rid of the service desk out in Hillsboro so Jeb might soon see himself no longer working for Yahoo!, but all his managers love his devotion he has for his job and want to see him stay with the company.

Then, we were given the option of moving to Oshkosh WI. Yahoo! has just started (this fall) a new project out at the University of Oshkosh. Where they’re training interns to handle the CareCenter. Another company looking to cut cost, but I have to applaud them for keeping the jobs in the States and not sending them overseas (like Intel and Nike, where their employees end up getting IT support from someone in Costa Rica).

Jeb is amazing at what he does and I want to support him in every way. Even if it means to up root our family to Oshkosh. There he will be able to manage 30 plus interns and over see a huge part of the CareCenter. He has shown great leadership and management skills for Yahoo! and I’m SO happy they’re seeing his potential and are working with him to give him as much growth and opportunity as they can. This would be a huge project for Jeb to be apart of and would give him great experience as a manager with a high profile company like Yahoo!.

So all that said…. we are leaving this Thursday the 13th of November to check out the quaint little town of Oshkosh WI. Nothing has been set in stone and we are still deciding…. BUT there is a large chance that we will be new residents in Oshkosh by the beginning of the year (yes “this” January).

Most everyone has been very supportive and has had nothing but good things to say about this opportunity (our family has been given) and us moving 2,029 miles away. I’m am SO nervous and scared out of my mind, but with Jeb I know we can do this. I hope that when we (my dad included) return from our trip on the 22nd we’ll have lots to share and many great stories to tell.

WE ALL ARE SO PROUD OF YOU JEBEDIAH!!!

7 comments:

Carrie said...

I am so proud of him as well. He difinitely has proven himself and I, too, am so greatful that they see that and want to keep him on wherever it my be. I always say that if David's job took us out of state, I would support him and go where needed. But that's the true test...when it really happens. I think you are so brave and such a trooper. Good for you for being so supportive of him! I've been ok with this so far b/c I know you guys are only bettering your family. But I have to admit, reading this post...it got to me and my eyes got teary. I love both of you so much and am extremely excited for this new chapter you are beginning! You have my support and I'll be here whenever you guys make your way back! Can we plan a 'get together' for when you get back after the 22nd?

Jayme said...

I love you Carrie!!! And yes I got a little teary eyed myself writing this post AND reading your comment. There is something to be said from talking about "it" and official writing "it" down for the whole world to see. Thank you and David for all your support and I for sure want to have a get together! xoxo

Patrick and Paige said...

I second a get together. I am happy for you both and know that you are making your dreams come true. Love you so much. Congratulations and you will be happy wherever you go just as long as you are together.

marta said...

Oh, my goodness. When I read your email, I had no idea you might be moving to WI. What a blessing for the East coast, but we would be so sad here. You are such a sweet wife to support Jeb in this opportunity. I am excited for both of you. You are such a talented couple.
Marta

Annette said...

I'm not only proud of Jeb, but I'm also very proud of you. You are being such a supportive wife! We will miss you both very much but I know you guys will be back! I will miss our mornings hanging out and talking! We will have to get a few more of those in before you leave! Well I hope you guys are having a good time!

Martha said...

Wow...that is so awesome but so sad at the same time! And I know nothing is finalized yet... but....noooo! This may mean that when we get together this Christmas we'll be helping you pack :-) But it's a pretty heart-wrenching thought to be helping you pack while listening to Christmas music! Tear! Sacrifice for something better... its a tough part of life. At least you'll still have your blogging crew ;-) We'll follow you wherev!!

Cher said...

AWWW...We are so proud of you guys and love you guys sooo much. I think this will be great and jared and I totally support everything you guys do or will decide to do. The biggest decisions made are sometimes the riskiest...but there in lies the journey..possibly the best journey you and jeb will ever embark on:) I love you both and am totally here for ya. It's scarey but as long as you have each other that is all that matters...PLUS a little help from friends and family never hurt!:) LOVE YOU BOTH! and we love our jebbie and we are so proud of ya!:)