THE jPod


Wednesday, December 17

A BLESSING TO ALL

December 15th 2008 at 12:55 pm I was witness to one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. The birth of Hayden Brooks. Melissa had asked me to be at the hospital to photograph Hayden's arrival. This was the first time I've ever been in a delivery room at the time of ones birth and it about brought tears to my eyes for a few reasons...

One, what a miracle to bring ones life into this world. Two, Melissa was amazing! Not any yelling and only a couple of choice words (spoken very softly at the end). The atmosphere in the room was indescribable. Three... this was special for me witness because Mel had planned for my mom to be in the delivery room to help deliver (like she was for Mel's first child). My mom did just that. I was so taken back by how amazing my mom was, there for Melissa at every moment and helping hold her up through every contraction.

I came straight home to tell Jeb all about my experience and how amazing my momma truly is.

My favorite pic of Hayden on the day of his birth.

4 comments:

Annette said...

That is so awesome Jayme! It's such a special thing to be apart of. I watched almost all of my nieces and nephews come into the world! You will be an awesome mamma just like yours! I know it!

Carrie said...

That is such a great picture. He looks so happy to be here. A very nice, sweet little smile to say hello. How fun for you!

Anonymous said...

hey jayme,

You are the greatest. i can't wait to see the pictures. You'r story brought tears to my eyes. I love you. Mel

KDR said...

That pic of Hayden is so cute!