THE jPod


Wednesday, June 18

MOON LIGHT

I love looking at the sky!

Tonight I was on a mission to photograph the moon. As you might already know the moon was full and low to the horizon. Giving the illusion that it appears bigger and closer when in fact neither are true. A horizon moon is the same distance and size as the moon hung high in the sky.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_illusion

"Experts" say catching the illusion on film doesn't work... something about being an illusion. I threw all that advise to the wind and went out to shoot the moon anyhow. Come to find out there is some truth to "their" advise. This is what I got:

A moon not appearing any larger in the frame...

... but in Jeb's hand, it tells a different story.


3 comments:

Carrie said...

That's so interesting. I like your pics. Where did you end up going to take them?

Patrick and Paige said...

That is so awesome. I had my camera and saw the moon but I was on the freeway and couldn't pull over. I love your pictures. YOU ARE BRILLIANT!!!!

Cher said...

I love that!!! You rock jayme:)