THE jPod


Sunday, June 15

NOT SPOILED JUST WELL LOVED

Many of you know that I’ve been wanting to be a mother since the day I got married 6 years ago… no I’m not pregnant but we’ve been trying. Every time “that time” of the month comes around it’s like sitting on pins and needles. I have my moment where I’ll cry a bit and then… I feel like shopping (weird I know). This last month Jeb and I really spoiled ourselves. (We don’t have kids yet so we might as well spend money on us while we can)

For Jeb I thought it would be nice to update our office. Jeb has been working for yahoo as a contractor in IT as a service desk tech for the last year. (He just got promoted to a supervisor position this last week… I’m SO proud of him!!!) We’re crossing our fingers that he is hired on as a full-time employee next time his contract comes around in August. So, as a tech he has been on call during the holidays or has to work a weekend or two. On these special days he’ll work from home…. This is where the new desk comes into play. Goodbye to hand me down desk, plastic table add-on and plastic file draws and say hello to Jebediah’s new office.

(6 hours of building, bonding and sore bodies)

For me… a new HD Canon camcorder! I’ve taken so much random video. (David Dias has enjoyed the new Canon as well… do to innocent bystanders I’ll re-frame from airing any of that footage. Although I have to give him credit for great commentary and one of the funniest video’s yet!) As soon as we get better software for editing our footage I will for sure share plenty of films… :o)

When the day is over and I’ve enjoyed my “things”, I know our goods will never fill the void of wanting to be a mother. As much fun as it is spoiling myself, I can’t wait until I have the blessing to spoil my own child (as my mama would say “you’re not spoiled, just well loved").

1 comment:

Carrie said...

That's a nice lookin' desk! I'll have to keep that saying in mind next time I think I'm spoiling or being spoiled. :) I like it. Just well loved. I'm sorry it's being so hard for you guys to get pregnant. Just remember that your HF loves you and you'll be blessed.

I'm glad you got a new post up! I like reading everyones stories.