THE jPod


Sunday, July 6

INDEPENDENCE DAY AT THE HEUPEL’S

My family knows how to celebrate…

First on the list was the pool. My folks just put up a pool this week. Great idea but our 100degree weather was last weekend and we live in Oregon. The cooler weather and un-heated pool did not affect the excitement of one little girl. Faith insisted on getting in. I promised her that once we get warmer weather again, I would be the first one over here to get in with her. Bless my mother and her love for her grandbabies… mom, Faith and Ella chattering teeth and all enjoyed the pool at a cool 70degrees. I love you mom. And thank you dad for the pool can’t wait until the warmer weather rolls in.

Happy kids make for happy parents! I love these SMILLING faces… ESPN loves a little chest rub and his eyes and grin say it all. Faith wants to show off her first loose tooth (congrats!). And Ella, her smile just melts my HEART. There is nothing like getting real expressions of life on film… or a flash card.

Ok, I can’t say enough about the food! If you ever leave a function at the Heupels (or Brooks) hungry or with unsatisfied taste buds, it’s your own fault. My mom and Julie helped with the prep work and both papas manned the BBQ. Julie and Ella have many food allergies. We as a family are learning how to cook glutton free and with out any corn additives. It’s been a blessing because we all could use fewer additives in our diet and I’ve found the food has tasted better. The chicken was amazing! Yes that was my plate and no I did not finish it. Truth be told I didn't eat again until 6pm on Saturday.

So these two yahoo’s ;o)… happen to be two of my favorite people in my life! They bring the entertainment. My brother T can get me laughing like no other person I know and my husband I love him so much. When the two are together… on a good day, it’s a marvelous time. They’re both SO cute I could just squeeze them!

Being a woman in my family I have learned so much from the ones before me about love… especially my mother. Unconditional love for the kids and once a mother always a mother. When the family is together (witch is all the time), we know it’s all about the kids. Love, support and encouragement makes strong independent individuals. For the two little girls that bless us now, they’re very strong minded and independent ladies already. They get their sass from all us women in the Family. I love these pictures; together they explain what I’m trying to say. All grandma’s with the little ones teaching, playing and supporting.

These pictures are priceless, my brother snuggling with his babies. For those who think he’s just a hard jokester. Here is proof of a softer side. He’ll deny every word.

Larry and Debbie made it out as well. I enjoy having them with us and my brother Aaron showed up right before fireworks with a peach cobbler (still warm from the oven). Our friend Rafael made a very fashionably late appearance, better late then never ;o). All in all it was a great day. Perfect really. Hugs and kisses from our family to yours.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Sounds like you had a great day! I love reading your entries. I can just hear your voice and the sincerety you have in it about everything you write about. You always say how greatfull and blessed you are. Can I take lessons? :) Loves and kisses from this fam right back to yours!