THE jPod


Sunday, July 27

MY BIG BUMBLEBEE

For fun this weekend Jeb and I joined my parents out at the Washington County Fair. We enjoyed everything a fair has to offer: greasy food, snow cones, barn animals (I love goats), rides, games and flying Macaws. This year they had an exotic bird show where I got to snuggle with a cockatoo and received tips on how to teach Cessna to fly. Macaws free to fly are one of the most beautiful things I’ve seen.

Back to the story at hand, what is a fair with out winning a GIGANTIC stuffed animal? As long as Jeb and I have been together, he not once has paid to play a fair game… until now. My dad talked him into showing off his B-Ball skills and my honey won of course. I got to pick my prize and I went with the BIG BUMBLEBEE. He was the cutest. I was pretty excited to have a treasure that Jeb won for me. I always get jazzed about experiencing firsts with my honey… doest happen often anymore.

Yet the story gets better… or longer (however you want to look at it). When we brought our bundle of bee home it was apparent that the doggies and the bird wanted nothing to do with it. Miss Houston started to growl at the stuffed prize. So I had to take it one step further to entertain myself to my full potential. Missy went into the computer room to get away from the buzz but I decided to follow her and quietly snuck behind her with the bee. Oh, we were laughing, she is so cute. GRRRRR.

Houston still wanting nothing to do with him.

But Jeb apparently didn’t want it to stop with Houston. I have been really busy with work lately with trying to catch up on projects, that I’ve taken some of my work home. Not paying attention to Jeb busy in my work, he somehow manages to sneak by me in the front room and hides the bee in our bedroom bathroom. So when I go to use the ladies room (in the dark mind you) I open the door to this bee that takes up half of the bathroom floor. Yes I was startled and gasped and yes he was laughing in the front room.

So, Jeb has found himself a tickle spot and yet… again… with patients he hides the bee. Going with the shower this time to scare me Sunday morning.

The last thing I want to see is something looking back at me when I go to hop in the shower. Seriously Jeb?

Houston putting up with me and my camera moment.

Jeb calls it karma for what I did to Missy… where’s his karma for scaring me twice?

2 comments:

Annette said...

That's so funny! That is such a cute bumble bee!

Annette said...

Your new backround on your blog looks beautiful! I love it! You'll have to teach me how to do that...well only if you want to! Can't wait to hang out tomorrow! love ya!